Who are “We”?
In this policy, whenever you see “We”, “Us”, or “Our” it refers to Open Square Limited.
Open Square Limited is a limited company registered in England & Wales, registered number 11070987. The company’s registered office address is: St Mary’s House, Netherhampton, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 8PU. We provide training, leadership consultancy and coaching services. Our website is www.opensquareconsulting.com
We take your privacy seriously. This policy sets out what information We collect about you when you visit Our website and/or use Our services, and how We handle your information to ensure We protect your rights.
Your acceptance of this policy, and Our right to change it
By using Our websites, social media pages or providing your personal information you consent to Our collection of and use of the information you provide in the ways set out in this policy. If you do not agree to Our policy, please do not use Our websites, social media pages or associated services.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If We do, We will post the changes on this page and they will apply from the time We post them.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to identify an individual, such as their name, address, phone number, email address or IP address. More information about what kind of information is classified as personal data can be found here https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/key-definitions/what-is-personal-data/
The policy in brief
It’s important that you read the full policy to understand what information We hold, how We may use it and what your rights are. Here is a summary of the policy if you don’t have time to read it fully now:
- We collect data that is either personal data (as described above) or non-personal data, such as website pages that have been accessed.
- We collect information about people who visit Our website, or who use Our services or have expressed an interest in Our services.
- We only collect information that We need to provide Our services, to provide information, for administration, research, analysis and to improve Our services.
- We will keep your personal data securely at all times.
- We will never sell your data and We never share it with a third party to use for their own purposes
- We may share your data with carefully selected third parties which undertake work on Our behalf, or where We are required to share your data by Law.
The Full Policy
This policy applies to the website We operate, Our use of emails, phone and text messages for marketing purposes and for any other methods We use for collecting information. It covers what We collect, and why, what We do with this information, what We don’t do with this information, and the rights you have.
What information do We collect and why?
We only collect your personal information that you have voluntarily chosen to provide to Us, and We will only collect personal information that We need, including information that will help Us to improve Our services.
We collect two kinds of information:
- Non-personal data such as the web pages that have been accessed and files that have been downloaded. This helps Us understand how many people use Our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, and how popular Our pages are. This information allows Us to monitor and improve Our services.
- Personal data such as name, postal address, phone number, email address and IP address, and information about your interest and/or provision of Our services to Our clients (and prospective clients)
What do We do with this information?
We will use the information you provide to Us to:
- Fulfil your requests – such as providing information about Our services or communicating with you, as well as managing the day-to-day of Our business
- Record any contact We have with you
- Prevent or detect any abuses of Our websites and to enable third parties to carry out technical or other functions on Our behalf
- Help Us to gain a better understanding of Our customers and users to enable Us to improve
- Occasionally We share insights with clients (and prospective clients) to promote Our ideas and expertise
- Communicate with Our customers and users, gather feedback on Our services from clients, maintain relationships with clients (and prospective) clients, and conduct the day-to-day operations of Our business (i.e. processing client invoices)
- If you have agreed to it, provide information that We think may be of interest to you
- We monitor the number of visits to the pages of Our website. This allows Us to understand whether Our website is providing helpful information to prospective clients. The analytics do not identify an individual.
- We do not purchase or obtain any supplemental personal information about you from any third parties. We do not obtain, store or process special category personal data.
- We will periodically check the personal data We store, to ensure is accurate and up-to-date.
- When visitors leave comments on the site, We collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Social Media Sites
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on Our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, We will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, We will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
You can manage Cookies by changing your browser settings to block or delete Cookies (www.allaboutcookies.org). Disabling Cookies can affect the functionality of this and other websites you visit. Disabling Cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable Cookies.
The Cookies We set
Third Party Cookies
Our site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping Us to understand how you use the site and ways that We can improve your experience. These cookies track how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so We can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page. The Google Analytics software will not store, save or collect personal information.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long We retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so We can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on Our website (if any), We also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data We hold about you, including any data you have provided to Us. You can also request that We erase any personal data We hold about you. This does not include any data We are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where We send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What We don’t do with your information
We will never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you certain rights over your data and how We use it. These include:
- the right to be told what personal data We hold about you, and why, and a right to a copy of that information
- the right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- the right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing purposes
- The right to withdraw your consent to Us storing and processing your personal data
- The right to have your data returned to you in a common, useable format
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact Us in writing at Open Square Limited, St Mary’s House, Netherhampton, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 8PU or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to know more about your rights, or you have exercised your rights and are unhappy with Our response you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.