The Open Leader MethodTM is our unique leadership programme for leaders in IT. The programme offers a deep and focused experience, developed to help you engage your team, navigate uncertainty and step forward together.
The Open Leader MethodTM programme is built on five core focuses. Together these focuses are the essential ingredients to engaged and successful teams in complex IT.
Connect people to purpose and form the bedrock of ownership, engagement and autonomy
Shift the response to failure to promote innovation, collaboration and commitment.
Build adaptable, skilled and focused teams to deliver in a volatile, changing world.
Embed change more quickly and effectively using attraction, openness and balance.
Increase quality and performance and reduce waste with greater alignment and transparency.
sounds great! how do I find out more?
Let’s start with a conversation.
We’ll ask a few questions about your situation, your challenges and find out where you want to go (the more open you are, the better). If there’s potential for you, we can run a trial session before proceeding with the full programme.
more about the programme
As with all leadership programmes, outcomes will vary based on your needs, but there’s no denying great leadership matters. Forbes, Harvard Business Review and Gallup summarise great leadership as something that enables business agility, improves bottom line, drives execution and attracts and retains talent. All important, no doubt, but it might help to understand some of the outcomes we’ve achieved:
– Improved delegation
– Better information flow between top leadership and staff
– Great staff engagement scores
– Improved quality of hires
– Improved team decision making
– Greater autonomy in individuals and teams
– Increase in information and insight sharing
– Reduction in churn of development positions
– Increased ‘level of care’ for Customers (elective effort, beyond minimum level)
The Open Leader MethodTM is designed for leaders of IT teams. You might be a CTO, a technical manager, an IT director, a development director, a team lead, an operations lead, a COO, a project or programme director. That doesn’t matter. What does matter is that you have:
1) a willingness to learn, and keep learning
2) a desire to improve your skill and results as a leader of people
3) an intent to help your teams go further
Our courses, content and follow up are put together to help you achieve these.
Another management training course? No, not quite.
We all want to get our teams to perform at their best, and we would advocate investment in leadership development to make that happen. In our own careers we’ve attended many management training courses, and they have included some valuable, thought-provoking and practical content. Unfortunately though they’ve often been without context and the result has been one of “spaghetti thrown at a wall”. Great content, but little stuck well enough with delegates to make a difference back at base.
Here are five ways that this programme avoids that outcome:
1) We’ve been there. Our content is written and curated by award-winning IT leaders. We bring real-world experience of building talented teams, leading delivery and operating complex and high-scale computing platforms.
2) We partner with you. We don’t stop our programme at the door of the training room. We stay close to help you embed the practices and learning from our workshops.
3) A community of individuals. We support the group training with individual, 1-2-1 coaching, specific to you and your context to help you clarify your personal goals and reach your potential.
4) On-site time. A classroom can feel miles way from the world back at your desk. We include visits to your place of work, allowing us to observe and feedback in real-time to support you.
5) We assume uncertainty. IT is already one of the most unpredictable and complex sectors, and more change is landing each day. Our content is focused on this challenge and how to navigate through.
- 6 x 1 day workshops over 6 months
- 3 x 90 minute, face-to-face coaching sessions with a professional coach
- 2 x half-day visits to your place of work to observe and feedback in realtime
- 5 x 1 hour webinars / online sessions
- Course materials, exercises and tasks to help you focus on your goals
1) To lean in. This programme isn’t designed to be entertainment. We want you to get the best results so you’ll need to engage with the content, attempt exercises and follow through back at the office.
2) To be open. Don’t hold back. You’ll get more from the workshops if you share your relevant experiences, insights, and challenges. All workshops are in confidence.
3) To challenge yourself. Exercises we do could step you outside of your comfort zone. As humans that’s often where we need to go to learn, so please embrace it.